As you all know water is the best remedy in the summertime as drinking water has the same importance as that of food. Drinking water is not only useful in the summertime but drinking more water helps to prevent kidney stone too. Many people who suffer from kidney stone visit to their doctor’s to find a solution but the end result comes as per the doctor’s prescription is the instruction to increase their daily water input to avoid kidney stone.
Generally, the doctors tell their patients to go home and start drinking at least 3-4 liters of water in a day. Anyhow not every person is used to drink more than a couple of glasses in a day.
Kidney stones occur when certain substance in your urine increase in concentration and begin to crystallize. For instance, it occurs due to the food you eat and drinks we consume has a number of minerals and salts or maybe we don’t drink enough water.
These day’s kidney stones are very common. You can hear your near and dear ones are suffering from kidney stones. Sometimes kidney stones are heredity also.
There are some food items which one should avoid for having a kidney stone such as processed meat, cheese, potato chips, food that contain monosodium glutamate, pickled food, shellfish, milk, eggs, processed frozen meals, French fries, sausages, spinach, tomato juice, beer, and soda.
Few tips to prevent kind stone
- Drinking extra water (8 glasses of water in a day) dilutes the substance in urine which leads to a kidney stone.
- Avoid the consumption of Vitamin C and calcium supplements.
- Increase the consumption of fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lime or lemons since the citrate in these foods prevent stones from forming.
- Eat the foods which are rich in magnesium because a deficiency of this mineral has been strongly associated with kidney stones formation.
- Reduce sodium consumption because sodium increases urinary excretion of calcium
Few tips that you can use to increase drink more water
- You can use or download a healthy water drinking reminder app or plant nanny app on your smartphones.
- Instead of drinking normal water you can prepare innovative drinks as refreshment
- Raise the consumption of water-rich foods and fruits to increase your daily fluid intake.